According to Deloitte’s 2017 Human Capital Trends Report, which draws on surveys from over 10,000 HR and business leaders in 140 countries, advances in technology are causing firms to restructure their organizational makeup, transform their HR departments, develop new training models, and reevaluate their hiring practices.
“What we concluded is that what AI is definitely doing is not eliminating jobs, it is eliminating tasks of jobs, and creating new jobs, and the new jobs that are being created are more human jobs,” says Josh Bersin, principal and founder of Bersin by Deloitte.
Bottom line, there will always be things that human beings can do better than AI, but AI technology will enable people to do their jobs more effectively and efficiently.
If AI can do X then I need my team to deliver Y.
How do we redesign the organization to deal with increased automation at work? How do we empower teams to be agile, purposeful and engaging? And how do we change the workplace so people can be more productive, energetic, and focused?
Below are some tips on how you can begin to plan and hire for the future?
- Instead of hiring the most qualified person for a specific task, put a greater emphasis on cultural fit and adaptability, knowing that individual roles will evolve with the implementation of AI.
- Provide necessary training in skills that your team is lacking.
- Move toward a multidisciplinary approach to staffing. In other words, relinquish you top-down structure and adopt a more team-centric approach optimizing them for learning and adaptability.
- When interviewing potential employees consider these important skills for the future
- Ability to deliver impactful and persuasive messaging by written and verbal means
- Ability to understand new technologies and use them properly
- Ability to be flexible to change – As technology advances, so does the rate of change
- Strong EQ skills- Being able to see a situation from another person’s perspective! (EQ is the capability of individuals to recognize their own emotions and those of others, discern between different feelings and label them appropriately, use emotional information to guide thinking and behavior, and manage and/or adjust emotions to adapt to environments or achieve one’s goal(s).)
- As a leader, start thinking of hiring in different categories- human or AI- and decide who should be hired for the job.
All things considered, companies with HR teams, training programs, organizational structures and an adaptable staff will be best prepared for this AI reality.
Are you ready to start bringing on candidates that can meet the needs of the future AI reality? Let Artizen Staffing help you find the right candidate for your company.