Believe it or not, the holiday season is a great time and opportunity to hire new employees. As the holidays approach, people are either buying tons of gifts or mapping out next year’s goals. Either way, they need a job to back them. It’s a time of year that many companies initiate a hiring freeze as businesses tend to slow down, giving you a better qualified and more bountiful candidate pool. Here are five reasons why you should hire during the holidays.
- Motivated Candidates: Candidates who are highly involved in the job search during the holiday season prove they are dedicated to their goals and responsibilities. Some candidates seek a job now so they can avoid uncomfortable conversations at family gatherings about their employment status. It’s much easier to talk about interviews or offers they’ve received.
- Less Competition: Your open positions will stand out more than ever before as other companies hold off on hiring during this time. You’ll have a larger pool of candidates to choose from while other companies will have fewer as the New Year begins.
- Referrals everywhere: Your employees will likely be traveling and visiting family/friends in and out of town. You can provide an incentive to refer their friends or family to come work for the company.
- Flexibility for Interviews: Most companies provide 3-6 days off for the holidays, the off time is beneficial to the job seeker as they have extra room to schedule interviews.
- Quick start to the New Year: When you hire now it allows you and the new employee to complete onboarding and any training necessary. Doing so will enable the new employee to be established and ready to begin working by January. This is beneficial for you as an employer since business tends to slow in December, it will allow you more time to spend training the new hire.
While competitors are slowing down and pausing their hiring processes, take the opportunity to hire from the large candidate pool and better prepare your team for 2023. One other thing you should know, and most importantly, the team here at Artizen Staffing wishes you the happiest of Holidays and a prosperous New Year!