Now that we have entered 2023, it’s time to switch up your workspace appearance. Before you rush to target and amazon, you need to pick a vibe. Décor should be selected based on the vibe you want your office to convey. You want your office to be unique to you, a comfortable environment that will allow you to maximize your daily work. Although we can’t help with what vibe you choose, we can help by providing creative ways to enhance the office space:
- New Year-New Resolutions: Whether your goal for 2023 is to get in shape or to reach 10,000 steps a-day, a “walking pad” could allow you to reach that goal while working. Many Tik Tok users who work from home or returned to the office have taken to the viral walking pads to slip under their desk to close out their workout steps goal.
- Stories through Artwork: Take advantage of any unused wall space to furnish the room. It’s for you to decide if paintings like Picasso should be displayed or if you’d like a canvas print of your pets on the wall. Either way, paintings/pictures express one’s interests and passions which is a great way to show your peers who you are.
- Personal Barista: Building your own coffee shop in office can save you money and provide happiness. A Keurig or Nespresso machine is a genius way to bring your guilty pleasure and work together. No more sneaking your Starbucks in after being late or spending money left and right on coffee each day. Plus, it doesn’t take up much space at all!
- Bring your green thumb to work: Bringing plants into your office adds a sense of life and stability to your workspace. Plants bring beauty which will light up any room or cubical!
- Bring organization to your organization: Target, Walmart, TJ Maxx, etc.… they all have great desk organizers. From displaying books to computer monitor displays to shelving, there’s options to maximize your workspace while keeping a clean and professional appearance.
- Whiteboard for big ideas: A whiteboard is a great and convenient way to jot down any ideas or solutions that pop into your head. No need to dig through your desk for a note pad; save the paper and get a whiteboard. It will fill more wall space which in the end will make the workspace feel more comfortable and less intimidating.
- Mood lighting: Who wants to sit under LED lights all day, every day? Shut the office lights off and bring in your own lamp(s). You will have full control on what tone and brightness you want in your office.
- Rugs & Blankets: Another way to express yourself is through choice of rugs and blankets. Rugs fill empty space on the ground, only making the space feel more welcoming to yourself and visitors. Blankets can either be décor to drape over chairs or couches, or they can be used for comfort in a cold office.
Whether you work from home or on-site we hope that you can customize your workspace to your liking and enable a positive work experience. Being able to express your interests, hobbies and aesthetics will allow for colleagues to see you for who you are and will allow you to feel comfortable at work. The key is to determine the vibe you want, and the décor will naturally follow.