With many recent graduates, company layoffs and impacted career fields; temporary employment may be the best direction to look towards if looking for active employment. While temporary employment is in fact temporary you have many benefits to gain from the experience. Below are six advantages to working as a temporary employee:
1. Resume filler: Gaps between school or previous jobs on your resume don’t necessarily look that good from an employer’s point of view. When you take a temporary position, it fills the empty slot in your resume and allows you to gain work experience.
2. Money in the bank: If you’re struggling to find a permanent position, a temporary position will allow you to earn a wage and pay your bills until your dream job is available.
3. Networking: It’s important to expand your network of references and connections. Your boss and coworkers at your temporary position can be a great reference for when you begin interviewing for permanent positions.
4. Possibility of converting to permanent employment: Who knows where a temporary position may take you, you may be offered a permanent position. It’s always good to maintain a determined attitude and do great work in your job even in temporary positions and to not burn any bridges as it may be the start of your long term career. As many as 70% of all temporary jobs are converted to full-time positions!
5. Test out different fields: You may enjoy your temporary position’s work much more than what you studied or have been striving for. For instance, you may have studied accounting but after working a temporary job in marketing you find you enjoyed that work much more.
6. Quick hiring process: If you’re in a bind with paying bills and day to day expenses, typically employers hiring for temp workers are in a hurry to fill the position ASAP. This will give you a better chance at being employed faster.
In conclusion, temporary positions are a great platform to either growth within the position itself or a steppingstone to your next career. For any questions on who is hiring temporary employees contact us through our website https://artizenstaffing.com/contact/ or call our office at 707-595-5998.